LIST OF SUMMER ACTIVITIES
AT THE CHALET
1. Kayak up and down the Hat Rapids Flowage, a calm and smooth Wisconsin River area, an excellent area for kayak races.
2. Canoe upstream to see wildlife on the Wisconsin River and on the undeveloped west bank.
3. Fish for musky, walleye, bass, and panfish from the fishing boat or the dock.
4. Host your own fish fry or fire up the grill with some barbeque, burgers, or hot dogs.
5. Swim out to the stump with your lifejacket and relax on the water.
6. Catch frogs in and around the Chalet.
7. Swing to your heart’s content on the playset or our tree swing overlooking the river.
8. Build a campfire in the firepit just before dusk and wait for great coals to roast marshmallows for s’mores.
9. Gently float in the inner tube to relax any time through the day.
10. Photograph the abundant wildlife from the shore, a paddleboat, or in the canoe.
Take Note: Ticks are active as early as April so use insect repellent and check for ticks after all outdoor activities.
Hawk's Nest Outfitters, 6141 WI-70 W, Eagle River (34 miles, 40 minutes)
Routes and rentals for canoeing, kayaking, and tubing at Rainbow Flowage and Eagle River (town)
Reservations: 715-479-7944 or on their website https://www.hawksnestoutfitters.com/
Hodag Farmer’s Market at Pioneer Park, Pioneer Park on S. Oneida Ave, Rhinelander, (9 miles, 12 minutes)
Every Saturday 8 am until 1 pm from Memorial Day Weekend to 3rd Saturday of October
Hodag Park, 500 Hodag Park Drive (9 miles, 15 minutes)
7pm Wednesday & Sunday nights
Holiday Stables, 4005 Old Farm Rd, Rhinelander, WI 54501 (12 miles, 20 minutes)
Horse-back riding 1 hour or 30 minute rides, wagon rides around Lake George
Northwoods ZipLine, Aerial Trek, Argo ATV, and Kayak River Adventure Tour, 7849 US Highway 51 S, Minocqua (34 miles, 40 minutes)
Soar over 13 ziplines including 2 over lakes, aerial obstacles, and adventure bridges in a 4-hour Full Adventure tour, or pick one of the other great options offered at Northwoods Zip Line Adventure Tours.
Pine Harbor Beach Bar & Grill, 3999 Trails End Road, Rhinelander (13 miles, 22 minutes)
Burgers, pizza, and shrimp baskets. Karaoke Every Thursday 9 pm - midnight, Friday Fish Fry, occasional live music.
Rhinelander Community Bandshell near Trig’s (87.2 miles, 15 minutes)
Listen to regional artists and bands for free every Wednesday at 7pm
Shoeder's RV and Marine, 2230 N Stevens St, Rhinelander (12 miles, 18 minutes)
Boats and Pontoons Rentals
Wildwood Wildlife Park Zoo & Safari, 10094 State Highway 70, Minocqua (36 minutes, 50 minutes)
Visit giraffes and other safari animals—over 1700 total! Open from early May to mid-October, rain or shine. Parking and children under 2 are free, adults and children over 2 reasonably priced.