LIST OF SPRING ACTIVITIES
AT THE CHALET
1. Catch tadpoles in the river from the dock or shore
2. Sit on the porch or dock any time of day to watch the wildlife including bald eagles, small mammals, songbirds, and bees.
3. Take a stroll through the surrounding grass and woods for birch tree bark, feathers, pine cones, animal tracks, and bird nests.
4. Read a book on the screened-in porch safe from the spring pollen, in the Great Room or Family Room couches and chairs, or hang out on the firepit benches with an e-reader.
5. Go fishing from the dock or boats; gamefish season in Oneida County opens the first Saturday in May.
6. Climb the climbing tree in the yard.
7. Use the Great Room binoculars to birdwatch from any upper-bedroom window, the deck, or from the dock.
8. Watch the sunset over the Wisconsin River ridge.
9. Get out the telescope on the deck or lay in the grass and stargaze at the Big Dipper, Little Dipper, and Orion’s Belt.
10. Grab a buddy to play Pop-A-Shot on the screened-in porch, Foosball or Wii in the Family Room, or a board game in the Great Room.
10. Build a campfire in the firepit just before dusk and wait for great coals to roast marshmallows for s’mores.
Take Note: Ticks are active as early as April so use insect repellent and check for ticks after all outdoor activities.
Pine Harbor Beach Bar & Grill, 3999 Trails End Road, Rhinelander (13 miles, 22 minutes)
Burgers, pizza, and shrimp baskets. Karaoke Every Thursday 9 pm - midnight, Friday Fish Fry, occasional live music
Rhinelander Brewing Company, 43 S. Brown Street (7.6 miles, 15 minutes)
Rhinelander beers are made in Monroe, WI at the Minhas Brewery.
Enjoy local Rhinelander and Hodag beers at Rhinelander Brewing Company with 14 rotating taps. Just XX miles away. Occasional live events include comedians, live music, and more.
Tour reservations are required as of 2021 with a maximum of 15 people daily.
Call for tour details: 715-550-2337
Shady Sues, 3220 Boyce Dr, Rhinelander, WI 54501 (6 miles, 10 minutes)
Local Steakhouse serving comfort food, kid friendly, Friday Night fish fry, closed Mondays
The Toy Shop of Eagle River, 5045 WI-70, Eagle River (40 miles, 50 minutes)
Rent ATV, UTV, pontoon boats, and golf carts.
Schedule a rental: 715-479-9090
Windmill Ice Cream Shoppe, 1972 Co Hwy L, Tomahawk (16 miles, 25 minutes)
Hand-scooped ice cream with enormous portions (cash only), outdoor picnic table seating, and right on the Hiawatha Trail/Bearskin State Park Trail. Well worth the drive.