AT THE CHALET
1. Explore the Wisconsin River to see the fall colors
2. Take a stroll through the surrounding grass and woods for birch tree bark, feathers, pine cones, animal tracks, and colorful leaves.
3. Fish off the dock or in one of the boats.
4. Sing camp songs around the firepit while roasting marshmallows or hot dogs.
5. Bake your favorite cookies on a dreary day.
6. Photograph the changing colors on the Wisconsin River or walk around a local trail for even greater variety.
7. Read a book on the screened-in porch in the crisp fall air, in the Great Room or Family Room couches and chairs, or hang out on the firepit benches with an e-reader.
8. Use the provided slow cooker to make or heat up some apple cider to sip while you listen to the songs of nature on the dock or deck.
9. Get outdoors! Pick a local trail, national forest, or path to walk, hike, or bike.
10. Hunting season begins in September through December for deer, bears, birds, and furred animals; check Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources for permits, hunting seasons, and restrictions.
11. Carve a pumpkin on the deck or screened-in porch—clean up any remains to avoid a bear or raccoon visit overnight!
Bikes n Boards, 1670 N. Stevens St., Rhinelander (9 miles, 15 minutes)
Hanson's Garden Village, 2660 County Road G, Rhinelander (7 miles, 12 minutes)
Open mid-September through November 1st for pumpkin patch, children’s straw bale maze, corn maze, scavenger hunt, tractor hay rides,
Reincarnation Resale & Decor, 1853 N Stevens St, Rhinelander (10 miles, 17 minutes)
Open Thursday-Sunday. Huge local antique shop with books, quality antique furniture, glassware, linens, clothing, and more.
The Toy Shop of Eagle River, 5045 WI-70, Eagle River (40 miles, 50 minutes)
Rent ATV, UTV, pontoon boats, and golf carts.
Schedule a rental: 715-479-9090